Thursday, June 21, 2007

Adventure Games Are Strange

Just let me describe this sequence to get a key in The Longest Journey to you.

I use a notice about a missing ring to retrieve my gold ring. I use a bread stick from a cafe to entice a seagull to land on a grate which frees a stuck inflatable duck and allows me to hoist up a clothesline. I use the ring to fix a gap in a wire to activate a machine, and solve a puzzle which allows me to take a clamp. I go find the inflatable duck that went downstream. I take the duck, clothesline, and clamp to the subway. I tie the clamp to the clothesline and put the duck over the clamp so it is being held open, and remove the band-aid from the duck so it slowly deflates. While it's doing so, I lower the contraption to the object the key is on, and when the duck is deflated the clamp closes so I can lift up the object with the key on it.

What the hell.

No comments: