Saturday, April 18, 2009

Xavier: Renegade Angel - Season 2



Xavier's second season takes the logical next step for the series, reaching new heights of insanity as the titular character experiences a lot of strangeness and seems to spend more time dealing with his mommy issues than trying miserably to help people like he did the first time. It also experiments more with the visual style, leaving the garish computer generated graphics for hand drawn segments and an entire episode made with clips submitted by fans. A few shows at the end of the first season dipped a toe into complete mind-bending recursive scenarios, and this time they just went nuts in that territory. My only problem is that it all just didn't make me laugh as much as the first time. I don't think it's the character or show growing stale, there just isn't as much humor as there was, with them going for what's crazy or disturbing over what's funny. I still liked seeing what madness would occur each week, I just didn't enjoy it quite as much. Definitely one of the more bizarre programs on a strange block of programming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never laughed. I don't think it's a comedy. Probably why it'll be cancelled and why most people write it off. It's a lot deeper than "comedy". Just a genius show.

Anonymous said...

does anyone know if its up online anywhere yet?