Saturday, May 19, 2007

Stranger than Fiction



Stranger than Fiction was a bit of a surprise for me. I thought I'd have some laughs, but I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. It's definitely not the standard Will Ferrell comedy. He does some of his familiar stuff, but it's not what you usually see, and in addition to being funny, he shows some signs that he really does have some talent as an actor. The movie succeeds by being completely likable. The whole cast is pretty good, I like everyone that I recognized. The comedy is a good mix of smart dialogue and bizarre situations, and of course Ferrell's reactions to the voices he's hearing in his head.

The plot is interesting if not explained too well. The way it works and comes together is clever and unique. You never really are told exactly how this is all working, but it's okay to just let it happen. It's not about how Ferrell is a character in someone else's book, it's about what happens to his life because of it. It's just a cute movie that almost anyone could probably enjoy.

3 comments:

Scott said...

I agree. Great movie.

Anonymous said...

you needed the plot spelled out for you?

Adrenaline said...

That's not what I said.