Sunday, March 14, 2010

Top Gear - Season 13



This season finished airing in England seven months ago, and the fourteenth has already aired there. Why do they show it here so much later? Oh well. A lack of timeliness doesn't make it less fun. These seven episodes featured plenty of the same thrills and laughs I've come to expect from the Top Gear crew, from the fake reveal of the Stig's identity to an encounter with some American stunt drivers to fake car advertisements that actually got them in trouble with the weird content laws over there. There's been some discussion of the show getting too wacky and an admission that it's probably closer to the end than the beginning, but I haven't found myself enjoying it any less. And the American version is apparently happening after all thanks to the History Channel. As much as I continue to not care about cars, I still love watching these guys play with them.

No comments: