Friday, January 25, 2008

Game Update 6: PSN Demos 2

Hey more demos. I like playing 'em. Something you notice over time: lots of shooters.

BlackSite: Area 51 - I like the concept, but the controls didn't handle that well, and the first time I died it sent me back to the title screen. I never tried it again.

Burnout Paradise - I hate the announcer, and I wish there were a couple more events available, but it looked great and was a lot of fun to barrel down the highway and knock other cars off the road.

The Club - I don't really like time pressure elements, but I still had a pretty good time racing around, finding enemies to kill to keep my multiplier up. Hard to tell if it could stay fun over a whole game, though.

Devil May Cry 4 - It's more Devil May Cry, which is cool. I like the Devil Bringer a lot, it adds a new dynamic that makes the combat a lot more fluid and constant.

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - I have a hard time saying good things about it with the whole Gerstmann fiasco, but it's a pretty decent time. Aim's a little slow but the shooting is solid and I like the setting and style.

Timeshift - The time powers don't add enough to the rather generic shooting to make it seem worthwhile.

Turok - It looks kind of cool, and stabbing dinosaurs in the head is always fun, but I think the aiming is a little too terrible to warrant a real look.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - I already reviewed the full game, but the demo sold me on it completely, interesting combat system, great style, good cutscenes.

No comments: