Sunday, January 18, 2009

Game Update 9: PSN Demos 4

Hey more demos.

Alone in the Dark - Really not good. There are some games that just seem like they're wrong somehow. Doesn't really get either perspective right.

Battlefield: Bad Company - Blowing up buildings is cool, although I don't think the Battlefield respawn thing really works in a campaign setting. I ended up just running into battle over and over without worrying about death.

Bioshock - The same cool demo that sold me on the game a year before. Anyone who hasn't played this yet should.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - Didn't really feel this one either. I don't see why worrying about two other firing units is more interesting than a shooter that has good shooting.

Dead Space - Did the opposite of what a demo is supposed to do. I know almost every who played really liked it, but nothing I saw really impressed me.

Fracture - The terrain effects were cool while the demo lasted, but almost everything else screamed dumb.

Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - It was kinda cute, somewhat interesting cooperative puzzle solving and it's fun to beat on your partner without punishment.

Lego Batman: The Videogame - The second Lego demo wore out its welcome sooner, I can see why people who have played the actual games are tired of the series. Not bad though.

Mega Man 9 - I don't have the skills for this, man. Seems like classic Mega Man but that's really not for me.

Mirror's Edge - I could see how it can get frustrating, but I really enjoyed the style and I thought the first person stuff worked quite well.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - Fairly enjoyable arcade racing. If I actually played games like that, it would probably be second on my list after Burnout Paradise.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - The game looks awesome, although all it really showed was it's fighting system, which I might be more interested in if I ever watched the show.

Skate 2 - Seemed to have a heavier emphasis on dumb characters, but the fun skating system is still there. Moving around objects to set up lines could be cool.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Really didn't seem to live up to the cool idea behind it. The different powers just didn't work as intuitively as they should have.

Valkyria Chronicles - Great visuals and deep strategic system behind it, although again, I'm not usually that into stuff like that.

No comments: