Thursday, March 26, 2009

Scott Pilgrim, Volume 3: Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness



Part three of the story was just as funny and engrossing as the first two. More of the characters' backgrounds are revealed, and the tone is overall a little sadder (apt title!) as things don't go well for some people. The video game characteristics of the world are still present, and it's becoming more of a fact of life than a joke, as by this point it pretty much is one, just in graphic novel form. Scott's not quite the character I thought he was in the beginning. He totally kicked the first evil ex-boyfriend's ass, but since then he's struggled to really get the upper hand and in general is kind of a dope, if a lovable one. I like that the main characters aren't perfect at anything, although at this point I'm really wondering how he's going to handle the rest of his battles, and whatever is really the truth about Ramona and Gideon has me very curious. I've got the next two volumes right here, so I'm going to stop writing about this one and read them.

No comments: