Friday, May 8, 2009

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures: The Last Resort



The Last Resort wasn't quite as fun as the first episode, but it was still a very enjoyable continuation of the series. It starts out with Wallace and Gromit turning their basement into a beach resort to help the people in town escape the poor English weather, but takes a turn for the more interesting when a newly introduced Scottish douche of a character gets knocked on the head and a whodunit begins. I probably would have preferred it if there was an actual mystery to the culprit and you had to figure out who with clues and such, but gathering the evidence needed to prove your suspect guilty is still a really cool way to use the adventure game system. A couple aspects were a bit unintuitive but for the most part I'm really enjoying the puzzles in this series, more than in Telltale's other episodic adventures by at least a little bit anyway. All the new human characters they created for the games can be a little long-winded from time to time, but I still like the expansion of the world. I still have to see the theatrical film, actually. I was such a fan of the earlier shorts that I feel a bit ashamed for having not seen it yet. I should get on that.

No comments: