Monday, July 13, 2009

Six Feet Under - Season 3


I'm not sure I really have a ton to say at this point. Six Feet Under remains a great show in its third year, with each character continuing along their journey through life. Ruth's story is probably the oddest, as she has an usual romance with a character played by Rainn Wilson, in a role not completely unlike Dwight Schrute from The Office. Claire's is the most secretly tragic. I didn't think I was going to like her character going in, because she seemed like a typical anti-social teen, but she's really won me over. Dave's relationship with Keith is sort of in a holding pattern the entire time, and we're never sure which way it's really going to go. Nate's life with his new baby mama was uniquely interesting for a while before turning into one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen on television. I'm not trying to spoil anything too much but things don't tend to go overly well for people on this show. They continue to feature a death at the beginning of every episode, although they played around with it a lot more this time, with lots of fakeouts and twists on the formula that keeps that part from ever feeling like a routine. I continue to be astounded at how good seemingly every HBO show was during this time.

No comments: