Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Squidbillies - Season 4



I'm pretty sure this season's over now? Yeah? Whatever.

You know, as time goes on the less sure I am that Matt Maiellaro really has anything to do with this show. I've seen him credited along with Aqua Teen Hunger Force co-creator Dave Willis and The Brak Show's Jim Fortier for something, but I'm not sure he's really involved. Anyway, at this point I think Squidbillies is more of a creative outlet for Dave at least, if not both of them, than Aqua Teen. The latter is still pretty enjoyable from time to time, but Squidbillies is just more consistently humorous week to week. The messy, simple art and abrasive characters make it seem like something that could be easily hated, but if you give it a chance it's actually secretly pretty clever and uniquely funny. It's not the kind of thing I'm always in the mood for, but it can be quite enjoyable when you are. There was some good stuff this season, including the first two part episode which I'm fairly certain was the finale. Squids. Hillbillies. Squidbillies.

No comments: