Friday, July 17, 2009

Six Feet Under - Season 4



It's still the same show it was three years earlier for the most part, but there's something different about it somehow. It just feels more bleak and depressing. More outlandish stuff is starting to happen to the characters, and one is even told that only bad things will happen to them from then on in a dream near the end of the season. Obviously a show that revolves this heavily around death as a matter of course in the characters' lives is going to be pretty dark, but it does seem different to me. It comes off less realistic and more like a television show. It's just not quite what I loved about the show when I first started watching it. It's not like I'm enjoying it significantly less, I just needed something to talk about twelve episodes later. Remember when I said I liked Claire? Yeah, well I definitely like her less after this season. I have high expectations for the fifth and final season because with its need to seemingly top itself each year and what happened in the crazy finale, it's probably going to be something else.

No comments: