Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 6



The Next Generation's penultimate season seemed a bit Riker-heavy to me in places. Almost like he was the main character instead of Picard. Which is absurd, because Stewart acts Frakes' face off. There were quite a few two-part stories in this run, of course the conclusion of last year's cliffhanger and the creation of another to be resolved in season seven, plus two more, yet another focusing on Worf and his family (can someone else on this show get a long-term arc? Too late I guess), and one that makes one of the best arguments against torture I've seen. And other stuff happens too I guess. Scotty is the third actor from the original series to make an appearance, after being stuck ageless in a transporter beam for years. I wonder how that's going to play into his appearance in the next movie, which I know wasn't originally written with him in mind. Luckily there's no Wesley at all, and making up for his absence last time Q actually shows up twice. I uh... what else do you want from me? I'm watching it all right? Why do I have to say anything? I don't owe anybody. Jeez, man! Star Trek. Stuff's going on with Data, man. That robot ain't right. The cowboy episode with him was good. Not as good as the one from the original, though.

No comments: