Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thor, Volume 3



These four issues continue the story and represent the end of J. Michael Straczynski's contributions to the title, although they don't actually wrap much up, I was disappointed to learn. The quality of the book is right where it should be, I just figured he would have stayed on until he finished what he started. A couple important things get done, but he leaves the main conflict for the next writer to worry about. The next trade comes out next month and should take care of things because the Siege event takes up precedence after that, so it won't be too long before I see the end. There's more setup in this one, as Loki starts enacting his plan with Doctor Doom in earnest to exploit the powers of Asgardians and Thor reunites with a number of his more loyal friends. I find the subplot with Kelda and the cook from a diner a bit hard to believe, but it proves to be very important by the end of the volume, causing a chain of events that will lead straight to the conclusion. I don't plan on reading beyond that, but I've enjoyed reading the book for a little while, and that along with the tease at the end of Iron Man 2's credits has my excited for the movie.

No comments: